Bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth. A dental bridge is a fixed dental restoration that can restore the health, beauty, and function of your smile. Following the loss of a tooth, you are likely to notice a decline in your smile’s appearance and function; a dental bridge can replace the missing tooth and improve your smile by:
- Alleviating stress on the bite
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile
- Restoring your ability to properly eat, chew, and speak
- Improving facial volume and appearance
- Preventing the remaining teeth from shifting in the mouth
Each bridge is composed of one or more artificial teeth and two dental crowns. The dental crowns are placed on the teeth or dental implants adjacent to the gap to securely anchor the artificial teeth. Dr. Walker, your skilled Garner dentist, will ensure that your custom dental bridge fits your smile comfortably and aesthetically. To learn more about how a dental bridge can enhance your smile, we invite you to call or visit us today!