A crown is a type of dental restoration used to restore a tooth that is significantly decayed or damaged. The dental crown is designed to completely cover the tooth, beginning at the gumline. Your experienced dentist in Garner, North Carolina, Dr. Walker, may recommend a dental crown if a tooth cannot be effectively restored using a conventional dental filling. A custom-made crown can improve your smile by:
- Completing a dental implant
- Supporting a dental bridge
- Repairing a severely damaged or decayed tooth
- Protecting a tooth following root canal therapy
- Strengthening a weakened or fractured tooth
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile
Crowns are often created from porcelain and other tooth-colored materials to ensure that they blend in naturally with your smile. A dental crown can restore the function, health, and appearance of your smile! We welcome you to call or visit our dental office today to learn more about crowns. We look forward to improving your smile.